Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Winterish

I know I said that I wasn't going to post today, because I wasn't going to do a bug walk today, and my decision on that seemed confirmed when at 1:00 in the afternoon the temperature had only managed to reach 39ºF, but when I went outside to get the mail, I heard a cricket down by the mailbox, and there were flies on the side of the house, basking in the sunshine, so I figured, hey, there are bugs around, I'll go get my camera and try to find some. By the time I got out there the temperature had risen to 40ºF (Ooooooh!), and... I couldn't find bugs.

There were still flies on the side of the house:

And I managed to find this small crane fly:

And I did see a dragonfly; it flew past me and landed on a tree, and then flew away before I could take a picture. But that was it. I got very, very cold for very little purpose. Ah, well, I guess the bugs were all smarter than I am, and found somewhere out of the cold wind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment