Saturday, November 26, 2016

Refreshed

I probably could have found bugs the last couple of days if I had looked for them, but I needed some time off from having a deadline, so, since I didn't think I would find anything different from what I had been finding for weeks, I took a few days off. Then today was sunny and nice (well, nicer), so I went outside to do a bug walk. And as if to prove me wrong, I found something different today.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 I don't know what this is. It looks like a small wasp. Its wings are oddly small for its size.




 
 I think that's its tongue, but I don't know what it is doing probing the chair with it.

Other Bugs:
Also on the chair, a springtail. Haven't been seeing these around this year.

 It was only 50ºF, but I found a candy striped leaf hopper basking in the sunshine.

 A small swarm

 The swarm landed


 Fly

 I saw a couple of lone ants today...

 This one was headed down a tree trunk... More on this spider in a moment...

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 It made a wide turn around something... Do you see it?



No comments:

Post a Comment