Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Role Reversal

It rained all day, so I couldn't go out looking for bugs, but I didn't have to, because the bugs came to me.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 A tiny hopper, found on the front porch when we came home in the evening. It was 59ºF at that time, around 9:00 in the evening. Quite impressive, and it attracted several insects to the porch light. This might be a new hopper species for me, but I can't be sure. It is about 1/8 inch long, if that.


 

But back to the beginning of the day...
 
 This is what I saw when I opened the curtains this morning. (The white circle in the upper right is my ring flash, reflected in the window).

 A closer look.

And other insects on the porch this evening:
 Moth and springtail

 Fly ON the porch light


No comments:

Post a Comment