Friday, November 4, 2016

Coming 'Round Again

When I did my bug walk today I was short on time and daylight. So this blog is short on bugs.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Winter firefly. I am pretty sure this was Backyard Bug of the Day back in the spring, but I don't care. It's a different season for the winter firefly now.

 There were two of them near each other on this tree trunk. You can't really tell from the pictures, but this one was quite a bit smaller than the other one.

 Another wasp female, maybe looking for a place to lay eggs. I must say that other than the gypsy moths, I quite like the idea of all these insect eggs that are being laid all over the backyard, for insect babies to emerge in the springtime.

Arachnids I do NOT Appreciate:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 I spotted these two ticks on one of my lawn chairs...

... and then found several more! I do NOT want ticks on my furniture! Horrible creatures! They almost make me wish for freezing temperatures. It's obvious that it is still necessary to wear my tick repellent pants when I am outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment