Thursday, November 10, 2016

Questions Without Answers

November... It's a bleak month sometimes.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Caterpillar. Do you ever look at an animal and wish you could ask them, "What are you doing?"

This is a bush that needs to be cut down because I have realized that it is an invasive species - winged euonymus. But at the moment it is a very pretty color, and this time of year it appears that candy striped leaf hoppers really like it. Last year I started finding them all over the leaves at this time, and now, they are back.

 It amuses me when I am taking a picture of a bug and another bug walks into the picture. I didn't notice it when I was taking this one...

 ... but it was more obvious in this one.


 On the same plant - I think this is a woodlouse.

 

 Cricket. Even on nice days I am hearing fewer crickets lately. But I still see one occasionally.


Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 The March flies are the meal of the week for the predatory arthropods in the backyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment