Monday, November 14, 2016

Autumn Lepidoptera

I knew before I went outside today that it was going to be a pretty buggy day, because every time I looked out a window, I saw an insect of some kind. The weather yo-yo is on the upswing again, and I guess the bugs like it.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Hard to see?

 Here's a closer look. Tiny, shiny moth.

 Moths were the thing today.

 They've been pretty scarce lately, but today, I found three.

And on the topic of Lepidoptera...
 That "I'm a twig" act works better if you do it somewhere where there might logically be a twig.


 

 I assume this is a Lepidoptera. Planning to spend the winter as a cocoon.

Ladybeetles were all over today, too:

 But mostly all over the house, probably trying to get in.

 And on the subject of beetles, winter firefly

 And the ambush bug is still hanging around.

 Hopper

 Wood louse?

All small spiders today for Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 This one is so small I thought it was a tick at first.


 Bowl and doily spider


No comments:

Post a Comment