Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Counting Blessings

We've reached the time of year when you look at the 2 inches of rain in the rain gauge and think, if it had been 20º colder, that would be ten inches of snow. But since we're on the upside of the weather yo-yo, where we go back and forth between abnormally warm and abnormally cold (and never, ever stop at normal, because yo-yos don't stop in the middle), it was rain, and a very much needed 2 inches.

It rained again today, which curtailed my bug walk. So I didn't find much.

I've just decided, even though I didn't choose one before, that this will be the Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Springtail. I assume the wet weather in the last week or so is why I am seeing these finally.

 I saw a few of them today.



Other bugs:
 Tiny beetle

 I was surprised to see swarms of crane flies, since it was raining at this point.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I found this spider under the rain gauge when I emptied it.

No comments:

Post a Comment