Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Winter Insects

The purpose of today's post is purely documentary. There were bugs in my backyard today (Okay, there are ALWAYS bugs in the backyard. Specifically, I SAW bugs in my backyard today), so I am posting them because it shows that on this day, I found bugs. There was no blog yesterday because it rained during the time I had available to go out and look; there will be no blog tomorrow because the high is only supposed to be in the 20s, and there won't be any bugs, and I don't want to go out to look for them. After that... we'll see. It's getting pretty wintery around here.

And, the bugs I saw today were "winter" bugs. Winter crane flies, of which I saw a few, got pictures of none, and winter fireflies:



But there were a couple of summer holdouts:
 Lady beetle

Bottle fly

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The spider that lives under the rain gauge was active enough to be annoyed when I lifted the roof off of its home to empty yesterday's rain out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment