Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Raindrops Keep Falling On My...

I didn't do a bug walk today because it rained all day, but I did go outside with my umbrella (and camera, obviously) to take just a couple of pictures because I saw something when I went out to get the mail that I thought was amusing, or interesting at least:
 This bee has been on this same flower for three days now. I think it is still alive. I don't know why it's just sitting there. It has a huge raindrop on its back end.

 There was a rather forlorn looking hover fly on another bloom. I am probably just projecting the forlorn mood, it was a pretty gloomy day, but I don't think insects feel that level of emotion.

There were a surprising number of insects just flying around in the rain; I saw them from the window and when I went outside. This one flew past and landed on the front porch when I was walking up the front walk:
Tiny leaf hopper

We went out in the evening and when we got home I found this brown lacewing on the front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment