Saturday, November 10, 2018

Everything I Saw Today

Today I am going to share a picture of every bug that I saw in my backyard on my bug walk. Don't worry, this isn't going to be a long string of pictures (and I am sorry to say that most of them aren't very good). It also won't be exceptionally varied. For context, I don't usually take a picture of EVERY bug I see. In fact, it's usually impossible. But it was cold today, so the bugs were not very active. They were also not numerous. But here's what was out there today, the day of our first snow of the season (it was a few desultory flurries, and the temperature was about ten degrees above freezing):
 Lots of winter fireflies. Well, four of them, anyway. And three of the four were on the same tree.



 Ah, the moment when the sun came out!


 This bug is still hanging out on its flower.

 Hoverfly


 Only one March fly to be found today.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I found this spider when I was emptying the inch and a half of last nights rain from the rain gauge. I hadn't seen any spiders the last few times I emptied it, so I thought they were gone, but apparently not. Or a new one has moved into that space.

No comments:

Post a Comment