Monday, November 5, 2018

Mum's the Word

Bug season is definitely winding down. I am so glad I planted those chrysanthemums (Okay, I didn't plant them. I bought them and my husband planted them, because I hate gardening and he loves me. I am glad my husband planted those chrysanthemums I bought). They have increased the number of bugs to be found in my backyard for the last week or so. Doubled it, practically. I might as well just go outside and look at them, instead of walking about my entire backyard. But that would not be as nice, because I enjoy my backyard walks, even when it's cold, and rainish, and I can't find any bugs. But the chrysanthemums are a good thing, and I think the bugs would agree.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Beautiful little fly, with green eyes and polka dot wings.



 It has a droplet of water in its mouth. Or on its face... I don't really know what it's doing there.


 Gnat among the petals

 Crane fly

 The only bee on the flowers today. I think this is the same bee from yesterday, and it hasn't moved.

 I can't remember if this is an aphid, or something else.

 I'm not sure, but I think this is the leg of a daddy-long-legs... without the rest of it.

 Not a bug, but a leaf with patterns made by an insect feeding from inside the leaf.

 Ants

 Leaf hopper on the garden shed

Tree cricket on the wheelbarrow

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment