Saturday, November 24, 2018

Fluctuations

I was out in front of my house today, taking a picture of a spider, when my neighbor called out to me, "You're crazy!" as she walked by. She was not talking about the fact that I was taking a picture of a spider. She was talking about the fact that I was outside in a t-shirt with no jacket. She was taking her daily walk, and bundled up pretty well. And while today's kind of weather would have felt arctic a couple of months ago, it felt downright pleasant compared to the last couple of days, and I have lost all perspective of what cold is.

The deep freeze was too much for the chrysanthemums:
 Sorry, pollinators. Actually, I think the weather this last week was probably not so great for them, either.

Backyard Bugs of the Day:
 Crane flies


 I'm not sure, but I think the higher one is the female.

 Different one, different tree, but I think this is a female, too. See the ovipositor on her back end, that looks like a stinger?

There were no pollinators on the dead chrysanthemums, but there were spiders for Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 Bowl and doily spider, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment