Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Singalong Time!

There is one tree in my backyard that is starting to get leaves:
 It is the proverbial sight for sore eyes. I am so thrilled to see some green!

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Click beetle

I saw several sawflies today, of different species, too:







That bee is still hanging out in the daffodil:

Sing with me now!
 The ants go marching three by three, hurrah, hurrah...



 There are still a lot of winter fireflies around, but lately I am mostly seeing single ones, and they are more active, walking around. But today I found this group, and not on the tree where I so often see a lot of them. The same tree had quite a few walking around on the trunk, too.

 I think I have seen more twice-stabbed lady beetles this year than any other three years combined.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I saw a couple of these tiny spiders today.

 They have reflective eyes!

 Mite. Velvet mite, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment