Friday, April 6, 2018

Scavengers

I didn't find any bugs yesterday, so I didn't bother to post the picture I took of the first bloom of the season on the forsythia bush. Here's what it looked like today:

But that is not why I am posting today. As you can probably guess, I did not do a bug walk. But we did have a couple of interesting avian visitors to the backyard today, so here's Backyard Bird of the Day:
 Turkey vulture


 My husband tossed out something that they found appealing, specifically some meat that had gone bad. It took only minutes for two vultures to show up, which is pretty impressive.


 Thank you, vultures, for cleaning up the environment of nasty, rotten things. This one sat in this tree for a minute or so with its wings open. I don't know why.


No comments:

Post a Comment