Thursday, April 12, 2018

Eight-Legged Stars

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Beetle.

I don't know what these bugs are (flies or gnats of some sort), but after yesterday and today, I know that it is their mating season:

And now to the real stars of the backyard lately–Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 I have known for a while that there is a spider that lives on or near the bedroom window...

 ... but I have recently discovered that there are actually two of them.

Tiny spider...

 ... and if you want to know how tiny these two spiders are, this is 2x lumber (which means it is actually 1 1/2 inches wide).

 Jumping spiders are everywhere...



 I catch glimpses of these in the leaf litter. It's hard to get a picture of one, because they are easily frightened away, and it's easy for them to hide in the leaf litter.


No comments:

Post a Comment