Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Rainy Daze

THIS IS THE BLOG POST FOR MONDAY, APRIL 16TH

I had a problem with my internet right as I was ready to post this, so it didn't get posted in time–which is my fault for not getting it done earlier. I just lost track of time.

I don't have a Backyard Bug of the Day today. I didn't do a real bug walk, I just went out for a few minutes when it stopped raining (totals for today: about 2.25 inches) because it was nice out after the rain. But squishy. The ground is saturated. It doesn't appear that many bugs felt like coming out after a day of pouring rain.

The bugs that I found were a bit waterlogged...

Including this bee that probably thought it was well sheltered inside a daffodil. It's the same daffodil from yesterday, and I assume the same bee.

Springtails prefer damp weather.

I don't know how the newly-hatched caterpillars felt about it, but they were all huddled together on their egg mass.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Rain droplets on jumping spider

No comments:

Post a Comment