Monday, March 7, 2016

Taking Root

We had a bit of a return to winter for the last few days - it snowed all day on Friday, though it didn't stick. It just snowed all day - funny that it was the day after I found the first flowers blooming in the yard. And we had a couple of days with high temperatures in the 30s, so it has definitely not been bug weather. But today we started another upward swing, so I went out looking for bugs.

I found the world waking up, beginning to grow.

And a few bugs. Backyard Bug of the Day:


 Springtail

I saw a lot of midges today, during my bug walk and attracted to the porch light in the evening,  but they didn't want their picture taken.

Arachnid Appreciation:
 I saw a couple mites...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 ... and one feisty, little spider

No comments:

Post a Comment