Sunday, March 13, 2016

Spider Defiance

Let me start out by saying that all I have today is a spider, so if you are a person who skips the spider parts of my blog, you can just go ahead and skip the whole thing. Because while I did see a few bugs on my bug walk today, I didn't get pictures of any of them (and they were not many to begin with. The Few. The Uncooperative. The Bugs in the Backyard).

The other day I tried to get a picture of a spider that quickly fled under the leaf litter, and I found that amusing at the time because there are a lot of people in this world who are afraid of spiders, and here was a spider that was afraid of me. Well, I found a spider today that was not afraid of me.
 It was quite a small spider, legs and all maybe 1/8 of an inch.


 It scurried around on the rock for a while, and scrunched itself up a bit the way spiders do when they are trying to look like they are not there.

 But then it got feisty. At least I take this posture to be aggressive. From trying to look small so I won't see it, to trying to look bigger than it is. Definitely aggressive.

 Especially when it turned to face me/the camera lens. It really appeared to be trying to take me on. It was adorable.

Sorry, little spider. I know you're trying to look tough, but I am not afraid of you.

Actually I do have something else, but it is still an arachnid:
There's a mite on this seed head.

No comments:

Post a Comment