Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Pest

I didn't do a bug walk today, per say, but I did spend a couple of hours in the backyard doing yard work, and I kept a lookout for bugs while I was working. I always bring my camera outside when I am doing yard work, in case I find something interesting.

I didn't find much.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Sawfly. I should be annoyed to see it on this particular bush, because last year the bush was badly damaged by sawfly larvae, but I still have to admit it's a pretty cool looking insect. However, definitely a pest.


Again one bumblebee was buzzing around the rock garden.



Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I found a couple of spiders while I was doing yard work. I saw some leaf litter spiders, I found one spider dangling in front of my face from a thread that was attached to my hair, and this one, which is the only one I got a picture of. A funnel web spider. Not a good picture, but funnel web spiders are shy, so it's hard to get pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment