Friday, March 18, 2016

Grumpy

I have no deep thoughts today. I was pretty grumpy and stressed out during my bug walk, because I had a lot on my mind (not deep thoughts, obviously), and the walk made me less grumpy, but I gave nature short shrift today because my thoughts were elsewhere. This is probably not the reason that I didn't find many bugs, though - I haven't found a lot on any day, and today was colder than the last couple of days, and more gloomy than sunny (though there was a bit of both). I did find a good Backyard Bug of the Day, but as I found out when I looked at the pictures, I didn't get a good picture of it (I am going to blame the wind. It was fierce).

But let's start with Backyard Bird of the Day:
 Chickadee


Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Beetle

Clearly, bugs are not a reliable method of measuring the weather:
 It only reached 51ºF today, and there were candy striped leaf hoppers on the mountain laurel.

 Yay, another cooperative moth! It landed right in front of me.

And a moth on the side of the house.

I didn't see any spiders today, so there are no arachnids to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment