Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Wanted: More Bugs

Well, this was a frustrating day.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Something gnatish. Really tiny.

 Mostly my pictures today were more along these lines. Can you see the dragonfly in this picture? I didn't think so.

 And this kind of thing happened.

Okay, I did get a better shot of that one.

And this is as close as I got to this butterfly.

 At least this katydid nymph was willing to sit still for me.

 This bee was doing weird things with its tongue.

 Weevil

 Fly

 Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 Tiny jumping spider - I can't tell, but it might be a bold jumping spider (that being a species, not my description of its personality). To give you a sense of how small it is, that white fuzz is from a tennis ball.



No comments:

Post a Comment