Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Manipulating Murphy's Law

I know what you're wondering. Did all my taunting of the weather pay off in rain? Well, I'll let the bugs tell you the answer to that question.

 The backyard was full of woebegone bumblebees today. And not a single honeybee, because they obviously have the sense to stay out of the rain.


Also waterlogged was the Backyard Bug of the Day:
 This fly, which I think is a species of tachinid fly, was huge.


 Not a good picture, but you can see the pretty blue/green color of it here.

Random Bugs:
 Finally seeing a lot of small milkweed bugs.

 Hoverfly

 I saw a LOT of sowbugs today. They like dampness, and we had a lot of it today (and got about 3 inches of rain, by the way).

 Assassin bug... and three sowbugs. And part of a dead bug.


 I think this is a rove beetle.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 I think this is a jumping spider. It was very small, and moving, so I didn't get a good look, or a good picture, but it sort of looks like one.

 I think this is a jumping spider, too.

 One false move...

No comments:

Post a Comment