Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sweet Rain

It rained today! Real rain, not some pathetic drizzle, resulting in an eighth of an inch, but over an inch of rain, with thunder and lightning! It was beautiful. I enjoyed listening to it - not just the thunder, but the falling rain. Such a sweet sound.

So, it curtailed my bug searching activities - believe me, it was worth it.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 I don't know what this is, and I couldn't find it when I tried to look it up, but I think of it as the Gollum bug because the eyes look like Gollum from the cartoon movie of The Hobbit from the 1970s.

Random Bugs:
 This assassin bug has been sitting on the same leaf for at least a week.

 Fly

 Hopper

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Six spotted orb weaver curled up, hanging from a thread

No comments:

Post a Comment