Saturday, October 3, 2020

Blursday

 I've been socially isolating since March, and have taken to calling every day Blursday, because there's not much to distinguish them. Ditto for the hours I spend in my backyard looking for bugs. The most interesting thing that happened today–and it really was rather diverting–was that while I was walking around in my backyard a turkey ran past. Turkeys usually move off pretty quickly when they see a person, but this one ran. I have never seen a turkey run before.

No Backyard Bug of the Day today, sorry. I only have a few bugs.

I have been wondering if I was identifying these correctly as assassin bugs:

Question answered. Assassin bug feeding on an ailanthus webworm moth, on goldenrod. Check out the moth's curled up proboscis.

Planthopper

Leafhopper

Ants and aphids

Large milkweed bug exuvia. It's kind of funny that an insect will shed its exoskeleton and just leave it standing there. If you're not looking closely, this just looks like a bug.

Bee on goldenrod

Bumblebee feeding on a cucamelon blossom. These are very small flowers; the bee can't perch on the actual bloom while feeding from it.

Arachnid Appreciation:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A couple of flower crab spiders:



The back end of a funnel web spider










No comments:

Post a Comment