Monday, October 5, 2015

The Spice of Life

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like there was a greater variety of bugs in the backyard today. I'm not going to count them, though, to find out.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 A beautiful hopper that has a sort of 1950s sci-fi vibe to it.




Random Bugs:
 I know this looks like a dead moth, but it's not. It is just a moth that for some reason landed upside down with its head under a leaf.

 Now is apparently crunch time for white hickory tussock moth caterpillars. I found two eating today.

 This is the one from yesterday, still hanging around, chowing down on the same plant.

 Sawfly

 Bee

 Brown marmorated stinkbug

Long-legged fly


 Tree cricket

 That bug I call Gollum bug even though that's not its name

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 This picture is the greatest accomplishment of my day. Six-spotted orb weaver

 Crab spider



No comments:

Post a Comment