Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fair Weather Friends

There's no Backyard Bug of the Day today, because this is the only bug I got a clear picture of:
 This bug is not eligible for Backyard Bug of the Day because it has already been given that honor this year. But it's quite a handsome assassin bug nymph.

There were few other bugs to be found today, and they just didn't want their pictures taken. I don't know if it's because I went out shortly after it stopped raining. I only took 36 pictures, and most of those were of flowers. However...

EDIT: I did get a couple of visitors to the porch light:
 A katydid...

 And a few hoppers, one shown here.

The spiders were slightly more cooperative. Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

 Tiny, tiny, tiny spider, with impressive chelicerae.

I know this is a means of catching prey, but it looks like the spider is relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment