Sunday, October 11, 2015

It's Late...

I'm feeling lazy, and getting a late start on this, so no profound thoughts today, or interesting observations, just bugs.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Some kind of leaf bug, I think.

Random Bugs:
 I checked to see if yesterday's Backyard Bug of the Day was still around, and perhaps no longer curled up so I could get a better look at it to see if it is a caterpillar or some other kind of larva. It had moved to a new leaf, but was curled up again. I don't think it's a caterpillar, though.

 Cricket

 Other cricket. It's pretty amazing to actually see two species of cricket in one day.

 Grasshopper

 Moth

 Small milkweed bug. Check out that proboscis.

 Another looper showing of its strong ab muscles.


 And a looper taking the name literally.

 Bug-finding vision test

 Stink bug

 Other side of the stink bug

 Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 Jumping spider with prey


 This spider made the unfortunate decision to build a web in close proximity to where my husband was doing a building project in the backyard, and ended up with a web full of sawdust.

Headstand?

No comments:

Post a Comment