Monday, October 26, 2015

Swarm and Cold

Some days it's actually quite easy to choose a Backyard Bug of the Day. I just choose the only bug I saw.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Moth

 I actually saw two of this kind of moth today, or possibly the same one flew to a new location. At least I think they are the same kind - this one was in an awkward spot where I couldn't get close to it.

I was kidding when I said I only saw one bug today. Random Bugs:
 Winter firefly

 Some sort of larva

This is also the time of year when there are swarms of some sort of fly-ish thing, and I engage in the exercise in futility that is trying to get a picture of the swarms. You see, I am trying to show you what its like in the backyard, and show you the things that I find living there, and that includes these swarms of bugs:
 But they're small. And moving.




 I think there is at least some comical charm to the pictures that result.




 After all, it is a little swarm, of about a dozen bugs, or probably more. You have to occasionally get something just by chance...




No comments:

Post a Comment