Saturday, August 29, 2015

Grumble, Grumble

I am grumpy today, and frustrated by my physical limitations. Thank goodness that I can at least find a few bugs at levels I can photograph, and that there bugs who are cooperative enough to sit still while my slow self ambles back into the house to get my camera when I go for walks without it. Still, it's been aggravating, and the weather is going to be awful all week, so there may not be blogs for the next several days. Enjoy it while you can...

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 I think this is a robber fly.

 A predatory insect.

Random Bugs:
 I guess it is that time of year when I see a lot of white hickory tussock moth caterpillars.

 Caterpillar close-up

 Small milkweed bug on phlox...

 ... and on milkweed. Can you spot the other insect in this photo?

 Buffalo tree hopper


 A gall that fell from a tree

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment