Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Bug Tours

I've been giving Backyard Bug Tours this week. Which is to say, family members who have come to see me have joined me on my daily slow amble through the backyard, and I point out the bugs I see as we walk. I don't have my camera on these jaunts, I am just trying to spend a little time outside and get some required exercise, but I just can't help looking for bugs.

For photography's sake, the front porch light is still the best chance for me right now.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 A very handsome, little moth - about 1/2 inch long

A few more moths:
 Ailanthus webworm moth - one of the few I can actually identify. It's pretty distinctive, though.




And something else interesting:
I saw something dangling from the porch light and thought it was tangled remains of a spider web, but I happened to look closer and realized they are insect eggs of some kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment