Friday, August 7, 2015

Dusk

Procrastination is the word of the day today from the backyard, although I am not sure it is really a fair word to describe why I didn't get around to doing my bug walk until dusk was approaching, I just had other fish to fry. Not literally. I don't cook. And I don't eat fish. But I was out and about for the day, and didn't want to get up early to do the bug thing today. I did, however, legitimately procrastinate in writing this blog, which I am now sorry about. Fortunately, I don't have a lot to post, so this won't take long. Wait, that's not fortunate. Well, it is, because I am tired. Moral of the story: Don't procrastinate.

The thing about almost dusk is, it's not a great time to find bugs. And the dim lighting makes it easier to be fooled by things like this:
 Ooh, caterpillar! Nope, blotchy leaf.

Backyard Bug of the Day:

 Random Bugs:
 Ladybug

 Assassin bug

 Some bug that I should look up but am too lazy and tired to right now.


 Ambush bug

 Female wedge shaped beetle (and something else we are not telling the arachnophobes about. Arachnophobes, don't look!)

 Male wedge shaped beetle. I am happy to finally be able to show this to you. I am revising my previous analogy of what its antennae look like, though. Not moose antlers crossed with a feather, moose antlers crossed with fake eyelashes.

 This fly is just weird...


Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 Here's what we're not showing the arachnophobes.

 Tiny web on my new woods trail

 Tiny spider on the tiny web

The thing about being a goldenrod crab spider is, you want to blend in...

No comments:

Post a Comment