Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Forecast Was Wrong, But Not Wrong Enough

Here's a picture of the backyard today:
That is not snow. It is sleet. We have not had any snow so far, just rain and a lot of sleet. Frankly, I'd prefer snow. However, the type of precipitation is not important right now. What is important is that it came down hard all day, so I didn't get to go out to look for bugs. This picture was taken from the back porch, and with my less advanced camera, so it's a bit blurry because it was really dim outside today. The temperature was just above freezing, though, so it is possible that I could have found bugs if it wasn't raining/sleeting so hard.

And no, I have no idea what that deer is doing.

I did find a bug today, though:
On my couch. It's obviously just landed, because its wings are not quite tucked in all the way. I guess that's one ladybug that has found a warm place to spend the winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment