Monday, November 10, 2014

Good Hopping Weather

Last night didn't get very cold, and today the high flirted with 60º, so I thought there would be lots of bugs around today. Well, I thought wrong. Not many bugs at all. However, I found another new bug for Backyard Bug of the Day, so it's still a good day.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
This might be another springtail, I don't know. It's tiny.

Most of the bugs I saw today were hoppers of some kind:




 Here's another eye test for you.


 Tiny springtail on a tree. Or maybe it's a tree louse?


I saw a lot of spider webs today, though not a lot of spiders. But there are a couple here for Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



This is a tiny spider that did not want to have its picture taken. It blended in really well with the rock it was on, and I kept losing it when it moved. Then just as I focused on it to take a picture of it standing in a funny way, it suddenly sprang away, and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment