Sunday, April 12, 2020

Overnight Low

Today was a pretty mild day, sunny for most of the day, and a high temperature in the mid 60s, but I didn't find a lot of bugs. Lately I wonder if the overnight temperature has something to do with. It got down into the 20s last night, and I wonder if that keeps bugs from coming out in spite of the nice day that followed that freeze.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Tiny beetle

Other Bugs:
 Ant carrying a dead caterpillar


Still seeing "winter" bugs:
 Snow fleas

Winter fireflies


Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I spotted this dead insect inside a leaf, and knew it could not be sitting where it was without something holding it there, so I looked at it from the other end of the leaf, and...

... there was the jumping spider that was holding it there.

Jumping spider

The first harvestman I have seen this season




No comments:

Post a Comment