Friday, April 3, 2020

Forecast

THIS IS THE BLOG POST FOR THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2020.

Oops. I got distracted while the pictures were loading, and forgot I was working on my blog, and missed the deadline. So, it looks like this is the blog for April 4, not April 3.

As I was putting on my shoes to go outside to do my bug walk, my husband told me I had 28 minutes before the rain was going to start, according to the weather app on his tablet. I said that that was unfortunate, because a thorough bug walk takes about an hour, if I am finding bugs. Well, I don't know if the 28 minutes forecast was accurate, because I didn't check the time, but my bug walk was cut short by the rain. However, I also didn't find many bugs, so it probably wouldn't have taken an hour anyway. It was also dark, and ferociously windy, both of which circumstances just made the whole enterprise of photographing bugs trickier. Anyway, here's what I found...

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Sawfly


 I think that is pollen all over its head.

Other Bugs:
 Fly in forsythia

 This may sound dumb, but I think that might be a mosquito. I can't really tell anymore; normally I would just assume it is, but it could be a cranefly, or something like that.

 There's a bumblebee in this photo. I'll leave it to you to find it.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A couple of spiders in the leaf litter. They were within about six inches of each other, but did not know it.

 
 You can't tell from the pictures, but this one was about half the size of the other one.

 Jumping spider


No comments:

Post a Comment