Wednesday, April 1, 2020

It's An Arachnid Eat Arachnid World

To me today didn't seem much different from yesterday, but the bugs must have noticed something I didn't, because there weren't many around (aside from flies, which were numerous, but which I failed to photograph). Everything interesting that I was was a spider, but I am going to post the few bugs I saw (even though they are the same ones I have been seeing lately) so the arachnophobes will have something to look at.

First, a moment of springtime joy:
I thought this tree was dead, but it has leaves ready to open soon.

 I saw a couple of bumblebees in the rock garden. Nothing else.

 Candy striped leaf hopper on mossy log. I forgot what setting my camera was on, and the sun kept coming and going, playing hide and seek among the clouds. This was a sunny moment when my settings were set for overcast.

 Snowfleas

Now for the interesting things in Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 A spider eating a spider. The predator is a jumping spider. I don't know what the prey is.


 
 An interesting situation has developed on the daffodil. It was a standoff the whole time I stood watching, for a couple of minutes. I don't know how it ended.

I got pictures of more species of spiders than insects today.


No comments:

Post a Comment