Thursday, April 16, 2020

Non-Judgemental

Sometimes when I am looking at a bug through my camera, I wonder why I ever thought that all bugs were gross and creepy. I look at their cute faces, or their fascinating features, and marvel at them, and don't understand how I came to the conclusion that something I never actually looked carefully at was too disgusting to look at. Am I going through all of life being this judgemental?

I don't have a Backyard Bug of the Day today, because I think everything I saw has already been BBotD this season. But here are the things I saw, starting with the insect that inspired these reflections:
 Click beetle

 

 






 
 Ant

 I am still seeing a lot of bumblebees in the rock garden, but I also see a lot of them in the woods, hovering over the leaf litter. This one landed and crawled under the leaves. Actually, this might be a carpenter bee, I really do need to learn the difference.

 Bee fly

 I found some more katydid eggs. The ones I found a few weeks ago are gone, and I think they were probably eaten by something, because it was too early for them to have hatched.

I found this puddle in the arm of an overturned lawn chair. I took a picture of what was floating on the water, to see if I could tell what it is:
 I didn't notice the two springtails.

 I still don't know what the rest of that is.

Crane fly?

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I think I saw this same spider on this same piece of wood yesterday.

Bowl and doily spider



No comments:

Post a Comment