Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Green

Green is not my favorite color, but I do love it, especially that fresh, bright green of springtime trees. And, today's Backyard Bug of the Day:
 I think this is a sawfly.


Red is another popular color in the spring:
 Seen here in young poison ivy leaves. I was not happy to notice this growing all over the place today. Note that there are ants crawling on the plant. I guess they're immune to its diabolical oils.

 And another ant, carrying the leg of some other insect.

 An ant covered in pollen on leafy spurge.

A lot of leaf bugs have ants crawling all over them. I wonder what it is that attracts them.

Can you spot the photobomber?

 
I think a bunch of gypsy moth caterpillars must have hatched in the garden shed. I didn't feel like opening the shed to see, but the last two days they have been crawling along the top of the doors.

 One crane fly...

 Two crane flies. The female is on the left.

 Fly

 Bee

 Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.















No comments:

Post a Comment