Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It's May, for Crying Out Loud!

This is today's Backyard Bug of the Day:
I know what you're thinking. "Cute bug, but couldn't you do any better with the picture?"

No. I couldn't do any better. Because it was freakin' freezing outside today, and the bugs just did not want to play. Three of the four anti-bug/macro-photography factors were in play today: it was cold (54ยบ! At the end of May! Thirty degrees colder than yesterday!), it was dark (stupid gloomy clouds), and it was really, really windy. Not just occasional gusts of breezy air, but flat out wind. All I needed was some rain to make it impossible to go outside. That might have actually been preferable, because it's frustrating to go out and not find anything.

Though I did find some bugs besides this one. I saw a baby praying mantis. But the only one I could get a picture of was this one, probably because the way it was situated in this plant it couldn't see me. So, that's the bug you get today.

I almost gave up even trying for Backyard Bud of the Day:

I am surprised I was even able to get a Daily Dandelion:

Here's what that same dandelion looked like last night:



Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment