Friday, May 30, 2014

Sunshine

It was sunny today.
Until it wasn't. But it was nice for most of the day. We got the vegetable garden planted, where we will hopefully have only benevolent bugs, not anything that wants to eat our veggies.

I feel some ambivalence about today's Backyard Bug of the Day...

It was hard to choose. No obvious winner.

The Backyard Bug Behavior of the Day was easier. Remember when I told you about the spittlebug?
I found one that was doing the spittle-frothing thing. It looks like an adult, though, so I am confused about what's going on, but at least I got to see the process.

Backyard Bud of the Day:
 Have I used this one before? Or one similar? Let's pretend I haven't used this one before. I had a hard time finding buds today.

Daily Dandelion:

More weird plant things...
A weird growth on another oak tree. It's about the size of a golf ball. Not really like the one from the other oak tree. Obviously have no idea what this one is, either.

An exciting Backyard Bird of the Day:
 Hummingbird! It looks like a ruby throat, except the throat is gold.

 Unfortunately, it favors high trees.

Here, I zoomed this one in a little for you.

My Arachnid Appreciation today was special delivery:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I opened my newspaper, and there it was! (I know it probably just crawled into the newspaper while it was sitting on the ground in front of my house, by the street, but still).

My conclusions still need work.



No comments:

Post a Comment