Friday, May 23, 2014

Gloom, Bloom

It was rainy this morning.




There's nothing noteworthy about that, I suppose, but it was.

The dandelions didn't like it. Daily Dandelion:





But ultimately, it's good for the buds. Backyard Bud of the Day:
I guess this would be grapes in waiting.



I don't think this bug was too keen on the weather:


(I wish this picture was in focus. It looks like the bug was doing modern dance).

I hope the sun comes out tomorrow.


I saw this bug today, and wanted to make it Backyard Bug of the Day:
But this is as close as I got. No exaggeration, I have been trying for 2 years to get a good picture of this butterfly/moth - I don't even know which it is, because I have never gotten close enough to see! Nuisance bug. I refuse to reward it with BBotD status without more cooperation.

So, here is the bug that was actually chosen as Backyard Bug of the Day:
If this bug looks familiar it is because I featured one that looks almost exactly like it a while ago as BBotD. The one I thought looked like a panda. But that one was brown, and this one is red, so it is a different bug, and therefore eligible for BBotD status.

I'll go over the rules of Backyard Bug of the Day some day soon, I promise...

And now, a bloom to mitigate the gloom:





And something to ponder: Why do caterpillars do this?

It looks exhausting.



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your first photo -- that center raindrop looks like a perfect diamond -- wonderful. Had to chuckle at the rest -- sad drooping dandy, modern-dancing bugs... and LOL on the exhausted caterpillar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The caterpillar was doing it again today, and I assume it has it's reasons, but... oy.

      Delete