Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bugs of the Night

Today I left the house early, and got home late, but I turned on the porch light before I went out this morning, and so I came home to a slew of candidates for Backyard Bug of the Day. So, no bud today, and no dandelion, but I'll make it up to you with lots of bugs, okay?

Of all the bugs out on the porch, I have decided that this one is Backyard Bug of the Day:
The cutest, tiniest, fuzziest little moth ever. I'd estimate this had a wingspan of about 1/8 inch. So cute!

And look who's back - a BBotD from the other day!
I have to say I was surprised to see it. Not the kind of bug I usually see on the porch at night. It kind of freaked me out, too, very buzzy and erratic.

There was one lonely beetle.

And this cranefly (?) with gorgeous wings.

Of course, there were moths, too...
(There were others, too, but I featured them the other day)

And this:

No spiders tonight... interesting...

Quite a variety! Who needs daylight? (Okay, everyone. But you don't need it to find bugs!).

[Edit - Apparently when we came in something big and buzzy came in, too. I hope it wasn't that big bee...]

No comments:

Post a Comment