Monday, April 1, 2019

Zig Zag Season

Spring zig zags on its way here. Today it veered off course and it was cold again–I was going to say that's just typical for March, but then I remembered that it's April now. Well, April can be like that, too. Anyway, the result of the plunge is that all those insects that were blithely enjoying the mild weather on Saturday have gone to ground again (yesterday it was raining, which is why there was no post). The sunshine was not enough to draw them out today–although the peepers were singing vociferously.

Spring is progressing however:

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Blue beetle. That is not its name, merely a descriptor.


Two more beetles:
Twice-stabbed lady beetles. I used to kind of think of these are harbingers of spring, but I saw them off and on during the winter, so I don't really see them that way now.


No comments:

Post a Comment