Friday, April 12, 2019

C'mon Spring

I don't have a theme for today, or anything to talk about, really. Or much to show you. Finding bugs in the backyard lately is a sort of one-step-forward,-two-steps-back situation, except it's more like ten steps back. There are good days with lots of bugs, and a lot more chilly days with no bugs. Today was the later. spring arrives slowly and unevenly.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Some kind of plant bug, I think.

Rove beetle. So small I thought it was a snowflea at first.

I've been wondering why that one candy striped leaf hopper has droplets of water stuck to its side, and what I have come up with is that the one in front of it has been expelling droplets of honeydew, and they are hitting the bug behind it.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.





No comments:

Post a Comment