Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Grounded

I don't have much to say about today, because there wasn't much to see in my backyard. I am looking forward to warmer days ahead. And more flowers. And leaves. And all of the things that make spring my favorite time of year. When those things come, so will more bugs.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Moth. This is the kind of insect that I only see if it moves, because it blends in really well with its surroundings. Also, it's surroundings are grass, and nearly everything is hard to see among the grass.

The moth got to be Backyard Bug of the Day because this was its only competition:
 Ant.

 Woolly bear caterpillar. Sadly, not a living woolly bear caterpillar.

I saw a few other things, mostly flying, but nothing I could get pictures of. I did see several spiders, though, and have as many spiders as insects to show you today. Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

 I think this is a new species of spider for me. I took about ten pictures of it, and this was the best one. Just like yesterday, nearly everything I saw was on the ground, and this one was crawling around, over, and under the grass.

This one may be tricky to find, and it's the backside view of a spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment