Monday, October 1, 2018

Slacker

Sorry for the lack of blog posts for the last couple of days. Rain and other circumstances have prevented me from doing bug walks. I was finally able to go out today, for at least a partial camera tour of the backyard, but the nights have been really cold lately, and that makes for a bit of difficulty finding insects.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Tree cricket. I think the species is snowy tree cricket. Female, and it looks like she's going to be laying some eggs.

Other Bugs
 Winter firefly

 Bottle fly

 I can't believe I have already forgotten the name of this caterpillar.

 Small milkweed bug

 Banded tussock moth caterpillar

Stilt bug

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Arrow shaped micrathena has caught a gnat.





No comments:

Post a Comment