Sunday, June 17, 2018

I Don't Have a Title Today

Sorry for the lack of blog yesterday; we were away from home, and left too early in the morning for me to do a bug walk. I wasn't sure how today was going to shake out, and thought I might get back too late to find bugs today, too, but it worked out fine, so here we are, ready to look at bugs. But I didn't just find bugs.

Backyard Amphibian of the Day:
 This is only the second frog I have seen this year.

 Before I show you the Backyard Bug of the Day...
 Actually, technically I AM showing you the Backyard Bug of the Day, because it's in this picture, but the question is, how many insects are in this picture?

Here's the Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Beetle

 

And here's the other insect that was in that picture:

And...
 I didn't notice when I took the picture, but the Backyard Bug of the Day was photobombed in this shot (and ironically, it is the photobomber that was in focus): Springtail.

 Other Bugs:
 Caterpillar

Lady beetle larva:



 It looks like these eggs have changed color, so they should be hatching soon:

 Moth

 So many aphids!

 White marked tussock moth caterpillar


 Lady beetle, species Brachiacantha ursina.

 Bee

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment