Friday, May 4, 2018

Ow, My Back!

I am so glad that the leaves are coming out on the trees, and can't wait for more plants to grow, and bloom, and start attracting bugs, because right now most of the bugs I am finding are very low, at or near ground level, and frankly, it's killing my back to do all that bending.

One of the great things about today's Backyard Bug of the Day is that it was practically at my eye level. Also, it was a bug I have never seen before (I think), and that is one of my favorite things about this entire project. Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Beetle of some kind; I could not find it in my books. I was thinking some kind of checkered beetle, but it resembles a few other kinds, too.

 You'll see another one of these later... if you're not afraid of spiders...

In no particular logical arrangement, Other Bugs:
 There are ants EVERYWHERE lately.

 Moth blending in quite nicely

 A closer look. Note that this moth is on the ground, another back-breaking photo

 Twice-stabbed ladybeetle

 Bee

 Bee. For some reason there were a lot of these on one of the my new mountain laurel plants, which does not have flowers on it right now.

 Click beetle

The Backyard Bad News:
 The gypsy moth caterpillars are hatching.

 More ants

 Moth

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




 Don't worry, the beetle got away.


No comments:

Post a Comment