Friday, May 18, 2018

Defiance

I sort of went on strike today. I am so sick of these dark, gloomy, chilly, windy days that I refused to do a bug walk and take a lot of horrible, blurry pictures again. It's frustrating and demoralizing, and I just didn't want to do it. Then just to be obnoxious, the sky cleared up in the evening when it was too late for me to do anything. Tomorrow it is supposed to be pouring rain all day. Don't expect a blog for tomorrow.

So why are you getting a post today? Yes, I refused to do my bug walk, but that's not to say I didn't take any bug pictures today. I took my camera with me when I went outside to get the mail. And I did wander around the backyard with it for a couple of minutes. I just didn't do a full tour. Let's just say I was conflicted. So, I found a couple of bugs.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Caterpillar. It was in a hurry to get somewhere, but why it was crawling around on my lawn chair, I don't know.

Another tiny caterpillar. This one had a bunch of young oak leaves pulled together with silk and was hiding among them.

 March fly. I usually see a lot of these late in the fall. I don't think I have ever seen one in March.

I still can't tell how many baby birds are in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment