Monday, October 2, 2017

Disgruntled

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of something to say today, and mostly I am just disgruntled about how many of my pictures didn't come out, so I can't come up with anything positive. So...

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Whitefly. This is a pretty tiny bug. Also usually impossible to photograph–they generally refuse to sit still for the camera. I am much obliged to this one, the most cooperative bug I saw today.

Other Bugs:
 Grasshopper

 White hickory tussock moth caterpillar. I almost stepped on it as it scurried across the path, on the hurry to get somewhere. Or possibly looking for a place to pupate in the leaf litter.

 Sweat bee

 I don't know what this is, but it appears to be insect-related.

 Flower fly

 Wasp. I don't know what it's going to find in flowers that have gone to seed.

 A couple of days ago I posted a picture of a ladybeetle pupa that was bright yellow. Now it is deep orange.

 Candy striped leaf hopper

 Flower fly

 Yesterday I posted a striped cucumber beetle, today I found a spotted cucumber beetle.


Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jumping spider. You can't tell in the picture, but it had a tiny bug, maybe a gnat, in its grip.

I wonder if spiders are annoyed when random debris lands in their webs.








No comments:

Post a Comment